Sindie's Blog

Monday, December 12, 2005

It's been a while since I really sat down and wrote anything worthwhile in here. I've been pretty busy lately. :)

I have been working on getting my poetry anthology together for this year, as I like to give them out as gifts. I have also done a lot of scrapbooking while watching old Christmas home videos. The oldest one is from 1989, and I can't believe that was 16 years ago! I was just a little girl of 10 and was quite childish in them, but it's neat to see those old memories played out before my eyes. What is especially endearing is seeing my grandma opening presents with us on Christmas morning. It has been eleven years since she spent Christmas with us. My dear grandma passed away in April 1995, but her memory lives on. Also, every Christmas morning, I would hold my kitty, Cally, and would open her presents with her. As many of you know, she died this past July. I got teary-eyed while watching both my grandma and Cally, as I know they will not be there this Christmas, but I do believe that pets, like people, go to heaven. Christmas would not be Christmas if we didn't stop to reflect on the past and even feel a little sad over those loved ones we have lost.

I am reading Cornelia Funke's newest book, Inkspell, right now, which is the sequel to Inkheart and part of a trilogy. It's quite good. I would highly recommend anything by Funke to others. She's German, so only a few of her books are translated into English.

I desperately need to write more for my Harry Potter story, as it's been nearly a month since I updated. Busy, busy, busy with other stuff, though!

This weekend Erik and I went to a Cav's game (basketball) on Friday night, to my brother's for dinner and then to a Christmas production at a church on Saturday night, and out to lunch with another couple from church after service on Sunday. I had two hours of choir practice on Saturday morning, as the choir was singing our "celebration" for the season both services on Sunday, which meant getting to church at 7:45 on Sunday morning! It was a lot of fun, though. I really love singing, and I have improved my range since starting choir. I can reach the high A above the staff now.

Well, today was back to work, though. :p I have a busy day. Our lab is going out for lunch tomorrow, and the departmental party is Wednesday, so that means less time to work and more to do today. I'm definitely looking forward to being off in a week and a half. I'm taking off from Dec. 23-Jan. 2.It's been snowing a lot here, which I love. In fact, it's snowing right now. I just love Christmas so much! I wish I felt this good the rest of the year! Merry Christmas!

posted by Sindie 8:38 PM

Comments: Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger

 

Plain and simple, people...This is my own personal blog. If you're really that interested in what's going on in my life, you'll find some stuff here...but you'll only find out what I want you to know. >;)

Past
current