Sindie's Blog

Monday, March 20, 2006

Today started off rough, but got better as the day went on (for the most part). I woke up, exercised, got dressed, made my lunch, and was just about to leave when my car decided not to start. I stuck the key in the ignition and turned it, but the car wouldn't kick in to fully starting. Erik parked my car in the garage last night and had turned the steeling wheel, which goofed up my ability to start it properly. Needless to say, I freaked out, called work to say I'd be late (and the reason why) and then called Erik. He was sweet and came all the way home from his work. He got it to work by giving the car a little gas (pressing the gas pedal, duh).

Got to work fine, but then it was a pain finding a parking space. There was a guy driving a jeep like a maniac up and down the aisles. I thought he was going to hit someone or something. Idiot. Then, he didn't hold the door open for me when I was walking in, and I was only ten feet or so behind him. The sheer rudeness of people really annoys me.

Anyway, work was fine. I wasn't busy at all, which was nice. Amy and Soumika (two of my coworkers who were out due to medical reasons for the past several weeks) were back, and the lab is going out for lunch tomorrow to celebrate their returns. I'm glad they're doing better.

When I got home, I got my passport (Yay!) and two letters: one from Hailey, Erik's younger cousin, who is a huge Harry Potter fan, and one from Ophelie, the girl who was my French exchange student in high school. I hadn't heard from her in about six years, and I had written to her a few months ago and was very pleased to see she had written back! I now have her email address and can write to her that way.

Other good news is that Mousie (my one cat) hasn't pee-ed on the carpet in the computer room for three days. We were having the hardest time trying to get her to stop. On Saturday morning, I scrubbed the whole room really well and deodorized it with several different things. So far, so good.

Some annoying stuff happening regarding my online life. The fanfic I'm working on right now was submitted to a new site, which is really, really picky about grammar, punctuation, etc. Now, I know I have good grammar, etc. I had made a couple of minor errors, and they had emailed me about it, but I never got their emails because they went to the trash folder of my email! I tried telling them this, and they were kind of rude about it. I finally fixed the errors, three of which were spelling errors/made up words.

I have a tendency of making up words without even realizing it. I had one written "defeatedly." Apparently, that's not a word! Sounds like it should be! "Implorably" and "squalored" are not words, either. If you can "implore," but can't something be "implorable?" If there's "squalor," why not "squalored?" It's "squalid." :p Blah. Whatever. Sometimes the English language confuses me. And this error: "Most importantly, though, she..." They said it should be "Most importantly though, she..." I always thought "though" was to be off-set by commas!

Well, enough for today. I'm tired.

posted by Sindie 8:53 PM

Comments: Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger

 

Plain and simple, people...This is my own personal blog. If you're really that interested in what's going on in my life, you'll find some stuff here...but you'll only find out what I want you to know. >;)

Past
current