Sindie's Blog

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Yes, finally... I bring you a real update.

So, this past weekend was the most amazing experience ever for me. I went on a retreat through church called the Emmaus Walk. Talk about spiritually uplifting and feeling loved! It was a group of 35 women, from different churches, most of whom didn't know each other before. There were about 25 women who were table leaders, speakers, helpers, etc. That's about 60 women.

Anyway, I was at the Table of Mary. There were 7 ladies at my table, including me. You would swear we had known each other before. By the end of the first day, we were hugging and crying on each others' shoulders. I have never felt so moved in all my years of going to church. This was truly a blessing from above.

Now, the downside... I got a bad cold. I started coming down with it on Sunday, but felt okay and survived the rest of the weekend. By that night, I was a mess. I couldn't sleep because my nose was so plugged up, and the pressure in my ears was unbearable. Nothing helped. On Monday, I started home from work, feeling absolutely miserable. On top of the sinus issues, I felt achy, fatigued, had the shivers, and a slight fever. I may have the flu. I'm not sure. I thankfully felt improved yesterday, but not well enough to return to work. By this morning, I thought I would be okay for returning to work. Think again. I managed three and a half hours and then came back home. I kept blowing my nose every five minutes and have starting coughing. I pray this is nearing the end. Yuck.

Well, all in all, the good obviously out weighs the bad. If anything, this past weekend has really made me rethink how I treat others. I know we never reach the goal of the people we want to be, but we need to keep striving. There's always room for improvement.

posted by Sindie 3:55 PM

Comments: Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger

 

Plain and simple, people...This is my own personal blog. If you're really that interested in what's going on in my life, you'll find some stuff here...but you'll only find out what I want you to know. >;)

Past
current