Sindie's Blog

Monday, April 23, 2007

Wow, so... where do I start?

I've really been neglecting this blog. It's four years old, and honestly, I've kind of forgotten its existence. Anyway, 2007 has been a good year so far. I can't believe it's already the end of April!

I went to Italy for two weeks back in March. That was really an experience. I'd been to France in 1998 in high school, but this was different. I never imagined I'd be going back to Europe any time soon, but an opportunity came up at work. There was an international cancer symposium in Florence, but then we stayed a second week and saw Venice, Rome, and Sorrento (near Pompeii). The ancient Roman ruins and Pompeii are especially cool.

I'm looking forward to spring and summer. The weather was pretty cold for a couple of weeks in April, after having mild weather in March. I'd like to plant a vegetable garden and start trying to do more gardening in general. Spending time outside and enjoying the weather is important and something I'd like to do more often.

Eating healthy (not that I'm that horrible at it right now) and exercising more regularly (I'm sometimes erratic) are also goals I'd like to keep in mind and actually do this year.

My writing has been suffering a lot recently, but I guess it's because I have too many interests. I've been reading a lot and scrapbooking... cooking... baking... gardening... taking walks... and on and on.

Work is also keeping me occupied. I recently got promoted, which means I need to take on more responsibility. I'm reading up on learning immunology better (my research area).

We're hoping to start a family before the year is out, but that's in God's hands now.

Also, this July is gonna be AWESOME!! Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, the last book of the series, comes out on July 21!! Movie five comes out on July 13!! Amy and I are attending the midnight showings for both of these. :) There's a Harry Potter convention in Tornoto called Prophecy 2007. I don't know if I'll go or not, but like I told Erik, if there's one to attend, this would be the one. We'll see...

posted by Sindie 2:03 PM

Comments: Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger

 

Plain and simple, people...This is my own personal blog. If you're really that interested in what's going on in my life, you'll find some stuff here...but you'll only find out what I want you to know. >;)

Past
current